Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Stephen: Rough

I've known Stephen a few years; we met maybe five years ago in San Francisco, and I would sometimes run into him at events out there or when I'd visit NYC.

In January I contacted him out of the blue and suggested a photo session. I don't know why I thought he wouldn't be interested, but he was.

There was a slight issue with the lighting, and I ended up using a lower wattage that I normally do, but the dimmer light adds a roughness to this set that I'm warming up to.

Stephen brought a lot of props and costumes, but traffic caused him to also arrive late, so we were limited in what we were able to actually use. I'd like to try again, perhaps with my new backdrop or in a totally different location -- outdoor shooting will be an option soon! -- but we'll see how he feels about the idea.

These photos were taken on January 18, 2011.

No comments: