Thursday, October 28, 2010

Two/For

It's not often that I get more than one photo session in a single day. Not counting the gig on Fire Island this summer, which was kinda its own thing, it's only happened once before.

I did it this past Saturday, though. I'd been discussing a shoot with Clint a studio session (originally scheduled for two days ago) but I got the idea that we should shoot on the Saturday before, in the morning, to get some outdoor shots. He hesitated at first but then went for it. Unfortunately, it was colder than I had hoped and so we had to start by shooting in Richard's building without studio lights, and then went outside once it warmed up a bit. I was a bit off my game at this point, but Clint is so handsome that it's really difficult to take a bad picture of him. (He'd probably argue with me on this, but they always do.) I got some good stuff, and I'm looking forward to the studio session when we can really have fun, and we won't have to worry about the weather or who is watching. We've had to postpone our original date, but I'm sure there we'll reschedule for soon.

Then I went to meet Simone. He had approached me with such humility and sincerity that I really wanted to work with him, and quickly. I had offered him Saturday when I thought Clint wasn't going to take it, and although he originally wanted a few weeks to prepare, he went for it. Then Clint came through and I was in the position of having to decide what to do, but inspired by Simone's enthusiasm, I decided to go for it, too. I shot in his apartment, again without lights, and while I loved the space, some of the shots didn't come out as I'd hoped because of lighting issues. But like with Clint, it felt like a bonus shoot, a preliminary session leading up to something better-planned. I was mostly quite pleased with the results, and especially pleased with Simone himself: he's full of ideas and is as sweet as his face suggests.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great shots of Clint, he is one good looking man. Looking forward to the studio shots. And by the way all the shots are great, love your work Charlie