Saturday, December 11, 2010

December 10

I've started going in the early afternoons to a coffee shop down the block, one of the few businesses that has survived since I left Brooklyn in late 2002. The previous day had been well below freezing, but yesterday, while still cold, was tolerable, so I decided to bring my camera out for the short walk there and an hour later, the short walk home.

I'm a sucker for bare branches against a mottled sky.

I'm really not feeling Christmas this year. There's years that I try to and fail but this year I just don't have it in my to really even try. I find I'm more likely to photograph holiday-themed things on years that I'm not into it, probably expressing some internal irony.

On the walk home, I passed a parking lot, and while I originally stopped there to photograph ivy on a wall, I found this pool of antifreeze fascinating.

I took a few other pictures yesterday, not too many, but enough considering that I really only had my camera out for about ten minutes. I've selected these three images and am just now realizing that all three feature trees in one way or another. Discuss.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At first glance it looked like for (lack of a better term) a sepia toner trick, and then I read the description ;) D.

D. said...

To add, if you are truly bored you can see what I'm up too... Been uploading my dj service collection to Youtube, lord knows I won't be spinning this vinyl in a club ever again.