Thursday, December 23, 2010

Fun: Farhad

One of the more fun shoots I've had recently was with Farhad. Just a day after my "off" shoot with Trent, I cleared my head and rolled up sleeves, so to speak.

Farhad likes to talk. I liked talking to Farhad. It slowed down the shoot significantly, but the easy personal chemistry that we had -- almost immediately joking and teasing -- made it a really enjoyable, and I believe productive, experience.

If I shoot Farhad again -- and I hope to -- it will be a bit different. I think he works best when he has a character to play and the truth is, I do too. When I know that I'm telling a story, I think the results can often be much more powerful than when I just riff. So we just need to figure out what our story will be.

How difficult could that be? I'm a storyteller by nature, I think, and I think my best pictures already tell stories of their own, so I just need to hone in on that and discuss with him ahead of time what we plan to do. When the weather warms up, a whole world of outdoor shooting, and outdoor stories, will be open to us, but in the meantime, I'll see if I can come up with something.

The photos taken on Dec. 16, 2010.

No comments: