Thursday, December 23, 2010

Off: Trent

I won't lie, I was a little off when I shot Trent. It would be nice if I was one of those people who could always and completely separate personal and professional lives, but I'm not. Aside from ongoing difficult emotional situation, which I won't go into here, I was feeling a lot of pressure about my other job, and while I tried to stay in the moment with Trent, it was hard.


That said, I think we did okay. I am probably too critical and allow my knowledge of what was really going on in my head -- little of which did I let on to Trent -- to color the way I viewed the photos when I edited them a few days later.


There's definitely some strong moments in here and the lessons I need to take from this are that I need to learn to keep the world more separate, allowing my personal life to inform my photography, not derail it, and to also forget about what might have been running through my head at the moment any given image was taken, and evaluate it on its own terms.


In that light, it might have been a good day, after all.

These photos taken on Dec. 15, 2010.

No comments: