Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Joey: Free (part 1)

I learned something about myself this past weekend. Despite the fact that I'm feeling generally good about my photographs, I still get nervous every time I have a shoot, particularly with a new person, and my nerves may cause me to go for some very basic shots, not necessarily as creative as I could be. I learned this in contrast to my most recent shoot with Joey. Because we've shot three times in three weeks, and twice now in the studio, I was not just forced but also freed to experiment in ways that maybe I wouldn't have thought to during that first shoot, or my first shoot with any new model.

It is not for me to say whether these images are good or bad, but ... I think some of them go places that I haven't necessarily been before. I like it. Note to self: get over it.

No comments: