Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Studio shooting, a quick review.

In mid-April 2010 I started working in Brooklyn, which led to me unofficially moving there. The apartment where I'm staying doubles as a video/photo studio so it was a logical progression for me to start shooting there. My first few shoots were for-hire gigs with the company I work for, and they served as training on the lighting equipment and the beginnings of a greater understanding of how to use my camera for indoor shooting.

Constantinos, June 3, 2010

Xavier, June 5, 2010

After those first two shoots, I learned quickly a bunch of things NOT to do, and the opportunity presented itself to do a shoot on my own for the first time in a few months. I had been wanting to take pictures of David for a very long time and we had been discussing it for years, and he happened to be in NYC, so... I went for it.

David, June 17, 2010

The next three shoots I had in the studio were all somewhat work-related. All three of them were guys who had modeled, to varying degrees, for the company I'm working for, in the past. First Tauro, which was an interesting shoot. After weeks of cancellations, it finally came together, and I thought I was going to be shooting "for me," but it turned out to be a work project as well. Then Rob, my co-worker. Finally Gennaro, which was sort of work as well because I plan to help him release a website and the images I took that day may be part of it.

Tauro, June 27, 2010

Rob, July 1 , 2010

Gennaro, Aug 18, 2010

The last shoot in this series is Tony, who I met through Facebook. I would have preferred to shoot him outside but the timing made that difficult. I was still nervous about studio shooting at the time, in a way that I am not really anymore, but this was the first shoot after the Richard shoot I described in my last post, and I think it benefited as a result.

Tony, Sept 11, 2010

1 comment:

Daveland said...

Your photos of Constantinos and Tauro are amazing; really love the composition and lighting.