Monday, November 1, 2010

John: Outside and More

I liked the pictures that we did in the studio but I had a feeling that it would come together even better outside the studio, assuming John was game for some of my ideas.

He was. We started at Stuyvesant Cove, along the East River, and I was pleasantly surprised by how willing to "go for it" John was.

Cars driving by on Avenue C had a completely unobstructed view of me taking this shot.

Then we moved into Stuyvesant Town. Guys were playing hockey a few feet away, and they seemed to be commenting on what we were doing which distracted me a bit. Later I figured out that it was the gay hockey team.


Almost more ballsy than shooting underwear pictures outside, shooting them in the lobby of this building in Stuyvesant Town, with security cameras pointing at us from every direction.

The stairs were safer, no cameras there except for mine, and that's where we finished up.

No comments: